Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Bitches get stuff done"

Update: With links!

I was thoroughly psyched for Tina Fey's return to Saturday Night Live as a host tonight to mark the show's first episode since the end of the writers' strike, and she predictably lived up to my expectations. The show was a perfect way to tide Fey fans over until "30 Rock" returns in April. I thought the skits were a bit shaky at times but, you know, the cast and crew are a bit out of practice. The highlights, I thought, were Tina's speech about Hillary Clinton's qualifications ("Bitch is the new black!") during Weekend Update and the hilarious/creepy "I Drink Your Milkshake" parody sketch. The latter, I might add, nicely teased Ellen Page's hosting duties next week, which I'm equally excited for. (Re: Page: If her outfit at the Independent Spirit Awards yesterday didn't settle the "Is she or isn't she?" rumors, I'm not sure what will.)

Also, was it just me or did Amy Poehler look like she could barely conceal her disdain for Mike Huckabee during his cameo on Weekend Update? I have to say, I really admire Huckabee for having the good humor to explore a little humor at his own expense. His awkward exit-cue obliviousness was hilarious. Maybe once he finally drops out of the presidential race, he could find a future in comedy.

No comments: