Saturday, December 29, 2007

Best Songs of 2007

My obsession with year-end "Best Of" lists continues. My movie list will have to be postponed until I've seen everything that's out. As of right now, I only have a Top 5. What can I say, movies sucked this year. And the few good ones didn't come to Bloomsburg, or opened in New York when I was in the middle of moving and didn't have time to go to the theater.

Anyway.

To be clear, these are songs for which I didn't feel the entire record warranted a slot in my top 10 album list. Combine these songs with my recommended downloads from my Top 10 Albums and you get my idea of a perfect mix CD.

1. Rihanna feat. Jay-Z, "Umbrella"

2. Timbaland
(I'm cheating a bit here, because I couldn't pick just one Timbaland song among the trio of "The way I Are," "Give it to Me," and "Apologize." More of a magician than a producer, in my opinion.)

3. Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"

4. A Fine Frenzy, "Almost Lover"

5. Alicia Keys, "No One"

6. Kate Nash, "Foundations"

7. Britney Spears, "Gimme More"
(Say what you will about her personal life, this song rocks.)

8. Bruce Springsteen, "Radio Nowhere"

9. Ingrid Michaelson, "Keep Breathing"

10. Northern State, "Better Already"


And, to give myself a little breathing room, some songs that were technically released in 2006 but which provided a partial soundtrack to my life this year:

1. CSS - "Music is my Hot Hot Sex"

2. Beyonce - "Irreplaceable"

3. Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"

4. Shiny Toy Guns - "Rainy Monday"

5. Lily Allen - "Nan You're a Window Shopper"

No comments: